This year with the rise of VAT up to 20%, the future rise of NI and tax, we are all finding our pockets tightened. For many extras such as holidays and electronic products just seem to no longer fit into our budget. Yet, there is still plenty of opportunity to get hold of luxury car items, such as car stereos, at a good price, if you shop smartly. Here’s how to be a smart shopper…
1. Finding a good deal is about doing your research. Look out for deals in shops and online, and then compare. Many shops are now providing more deals than ever to boost product sales. Keep a watchful eye on deals, sales and websites that offer vouchers.
2. Secondly, ponder over the prospect of future investment. It may be in fact worth saving up for an extra 6 months to get a more expensive model that will last longer. Also do your research on brands, which are the most affordable and provide the best quality and durability. Buying a medium priced system that is more durable is a far better option than a cheap system that breaks down in a year.
3. Decide also how much the extra gadgets are really worth. If you only use your iPod in your car, there’s very little point in buying a car audio system which allows you to hook up USB’s, SD cards and smart phones. On the other hand, if gadgets are of great importance, you may have to consider purchasing a lower quality stereo or consider saving up for a bit longer.
4. Another opportunity to save money in car audio systems is by going energy efficient. An energy efficient car audio system will cut down your petrol costs, saving you money in the long term. To save energy, you could further incorporate energy efficient amplifiers (to regulate power) and subwoofers into your car audio system.
5. You could also spread the cost of your car audio system, by buying each component bit by bit. For instance, purchase the stereo, then the speakers, the amp and subwoofers. That way you don’t have to fork out a huge amount of money all at once! Building your system bit by bit is also far more gratifying than having it all at once as well.