1. Advertise in ezines with banner advertisements directed at your target audience. Run the ads at least three times to get the traffic. To increase your exposure, advertise about seven times so your audience sees your ads more. Add a tracking system to your ads so you know the number of clicks, where the traffic was derived from, when they clicked on your ad, and to see how the advertising is working or where you may need to modify the ad content.
2. Place ads on other websites. Research the sites relevant to your business and products. Contact the site about adding an ad to their site. They will generally allow you to place an ad especially if you offer link exchanging (your link on their site and their link on your site.)
3. Start blogging. Join several sites where you comment on the blog posts. Add your URL with posting. Keep in mind you are commenting on your posts so remain focused on the topic since you do not want your posting to be deleted or considered as spam. You want to appear knowledgeable and someone others can trust.
4. Posting in forums. Finding threads in forums that relate to the topics that your familiar with.While providing good information on the subject lines referring back to your website and dropping a link to it in your signature message.
5. Yahoo Answers. Provide answers to questions while providing a solution to their problem through your product line. Often leads to a customer.
6. Friends is a very good source to bring numerous numbers of traffic to your websites by having your friends spread the word that your out here. Through their blogs, word of mouth and contacts.
7. Use industry specific sites to add links and networks with by contacting the websites. Many are willing to join the cause to help your build your website traffic.
8. Pod casts. Interesting and intriguing audio and video pertaining information that relates to your business website.
9. Blog Feeds. Submitting your feed to directories will start producing traffic from others sites to yours.Bringing buying customers.
Last but not least:
10. Article Directories. By writing articles covering on topics in your niche you will be utilizing a very good search engine friendly to provide strong backlinks to your site. While using your signature in the resource box to produce traffic to your websites. Providing information that your readers are interested in by reaching out to them and providing valuable products and service. Increasing traffic to your business site.